Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Healing and Getting Rid of Ghosts

My heart is still heavy. My father-in-law passed away on March 23rd after a brief, but overwhelmingly painful fight with cancer. He promised to "haunt the hell out of me." From anyone else, this might sound like a threat, but I know he meant it as a gift. Somehow, he even found the strength to laugh when he told me.

Someone shared this great video with me today that I know would have made his day had I shown it to him and promised him this is what he'd get if he tried. Humor is a strange thing - because I know he would have found this amusing, it makes me a little sad.

I hope you can watch this and have a good laugh:

How To Get Rid Of Ghosts

Howcast.com | MySpace Video

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Such a loss is not easily handled...I hope that you have all the support and care you need and I know when the time comes for you to be at peace with all this you will be a stronger person because of it! Keep your chin up and find the blessings to be had and the lessons to be learned in this time. Take care of yourself to!

Patty said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know this has to be a hard time for your family. I love the video, thanks for posting it. I am sending a big hug your way