Sunday, October 24, 2010

I confess...

I am a terrible blogger! Sometimes I feel like I have a finite number of words in my head that can escape in a day, and more often than not, those words are focused on writing articles, books, or simply replying to email. Today, I have reserved some of them for use here.

First off, I want to say how grateful and SURPRISED I am that Haunted Plantations of Virginia won the 2010 People's Choice Award from the Library of Virginia. I am still amazed that the book (1) prompted a reader to nominate it, (2) was embraced by the judges and moved to the rank of finalist, and (3) was voted by the people of Virginia as their favorite non-fiction book of the year. The whole thing is incredibly humbling. Again, thank you.

Second, amazing things have been happening for me lately in regard to paranormal investigation. I had THE most remarkable paranormal encounter of my entire life just a few weeks ago while visiting Utah. In a nutshell, I had my whole belief system shocked to the core. All of my time spent searching for "proof" of the existence of human spirit beyond death ended in a moment - truly less than 60 seconds - when an exploration of real-time spirit communication allowed me to hear the voice of a dead relative, one that answered questions (my fail-safe) to which only myself and one other person (not present) knew the answers to. The strangest part of it all was that I recognized the voice.

My journey on this paranormal path is far from over, however. Now it has just taken a different turn.

3 comments:

Geordannah said...

I would truly love to hear more of how this has taken you in a different direction. In what way has this changed you? Has it shaken your belief system? If so in what way? I know those are really tough and nosy questions, but I have so many of the same questions about who and or what is out there.

ghostrawk said...

Love you to pieces Bethster!

- Bri

Beth Brown said...

Georgann,

The experience shook my belief system by showing me that the connection between the two sides of the "veil" is much tighter than I had ever imagined. This has changed the way I look at EVERYTHING now, but especially the way I think of investigating the paranormal. Instead of trying to find a clue to the existence of the other side, I'm now geared to simply see/hear how and if they choose to communicate. I am MUCH more accepting of possibilities now than I was only a month ago.

Once the entire experience has been properly "digested", I hope to write about the account and the person who helped me cross that bridge. Right now, I'm still trying to put my mind in some kind of order. Recovering from the initial shock is really taking much longer than I thought it would.