Monday, March 16, 2009

A Whirlwind Week

Galley copies of Haunted Plantations have been exchanged! That means my adjustments and the editor's have been made - now we're just waiting for the book designers to lay it all out. This is my favorite step of the whole process. When I first see the print-ready layouts, it makes all the hard work worthwhile.

The editing process is very refreshing. I had not set eyes on the completed manuscript for nearly three months. I love that "cooling off" period. Why? When the time came to proofread the galleys, the material read like it was brand new to me. I'd almost forgotten just how strange some of the ghostly encounters included really were!

Last, but not least, I'm excited to announce that this Friday on The Paranormal View, we'll be discussing one of my favorite topics - SHADOW PEOPLE. If you're at all curious about this subject or have had your own run-in with one of these mysterious entities, you won't want to miss this episode. We'll be broadcasting live on Friday, March 20th from 10 PM to Midnight EST. You can listen and join the interactive chat at www.para-x.com/live.html

- Beth

1 comment:

Sharon Day said...

Good luck! I'm in the process of editing a fictional horror novel, and I appreciate all the work that goes into writing. Speaking of shadowpeople, it was an encounter my son had with a friend of his (both saw it and experienced it at the same time) had with a shadowperson, it changed his extremely skeptical mind for life. A highly logical and practical person, he tried everything and never found an explanation for their encounter with this very solid-looking short entity. Check an article out that I wrote about it: http://autumnforestghosthunter.blogspot.com/2008/10/shadow-people.html