Monday, August 18, 2008

Picking up the Pace.

The first time I typed the title for this post, I accidentally entered "Picking up the Page." It's quite fitting, really, as I'll be doing a lot of that in the coming weeks. My children are about to go off to school - for the first time.

My daughter is turning eight at the end of the month and has decided that homeschooling and club activities alone are not filling her needs for socializing. She wants to give public school a try. As a public school outcast, I was completely miserable for my 12 years in attendance. I poured myself into art classes, foreign languages, and daydreaming I was somewhere else. She and I are very different, though, and I'm hoping this change will be a positive one for her.

My son is three and is showing a fair amount of jealously towards his sister's coming adventure. This prompted my husband and I to look into preschools for him. Luckily, Richmond has lots of GREAT choices, and we decided on one in the heart of downtown. He's enrolled now and will start the same day as my daughter.

Where does that leave me? With five hours of the day free to work! I'm sad that the kids are spreading their wings and venturing out without me, but this newly created productivity bubble will allow me to complete the Plantations project MUCH sooner than I anticipated. That's a relief. I have a couple of other projects lined up that I'm really excited about, too. I'll fill you in on details as soon as I can, but for now I'll just give you a hint: one is for kids!

1 comment:

Hecate RavenMoon said...

Blessed be.

It is amazing that your kids WANT to go to school. I can remember a time when I used to HATE IT! I wish many times over that I had been 'home schooled'. And, I guess I was, to a certain extent with the Latin language. We did not have Latin in my high school. All we had was French and Spanish.

Good luck with your work and enjoy your time away from the kids. LOL! It is hard, but it can also be a blessing in disguise.

Have a great week.